- Pastor Andrew
Pastor Andrew’s Devotion 4th June (Thursday)
Acts 1:6-8 So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
We have looked at the Spirit of wisdom, counsel, and now power. The power given to us is to bear witness – to advance the gospel geographically. From my understanding of “people group” we need to break through in the spiritual realm to win the people in that group. God gives us the power to break through the various levels of spiritual warfare. That is why intercession, besides proclamation, is an important ministry.
Where can we exercise God’s power to break through?
• For “people group”, whenever the gospel breaks through here, there has usually been accompanied by intercession and spiritual breakthrough manifesting in healing, deliverance, and God’s power. E.g. James O. Fraser and the Lisu people.
• For clans and families of the people group. E.g. after a girl was exorcised in Penang, her entire family came to Christ, and a Hokkien service started in WMC.
• For individuals, I have encountered healing and deliverance when they come to Christ or when they “clean up” their lives.
• We need to intercede for nations, clans, and individuals. When we share the gospel, we also pray for God’s power to be manifested.
• When someone has a spiritual or physical ailment, we can stretch our hands and pray for the person as a Church or as a Cell Group. From time to time, we will see God’s healing.
Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength …; he has become my salvation.
In these challenging days of pandemic, we need God’s power and might, not just for extraordinary things but, for ordinary things as well.
What power and might do you need to ask God for today?